Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Well, let us not tear each other apart

I thought we no longer lived in the jungle, we do
I thought we were no longer animals, we are
I thought we only tore apart arguments, I was wrong
I thought we only tore apart dead conventions, I was wrong
We love to tear each other apart, I must say 
We love to paw our way into each other's flesh, I must say
We love to claw our way into each other's heart, I must say
Only if we knew that pawing and clawing is not exactly love
Onlly if we knew that love is not a piece of mutton or carrion flesh
Only if we knew that love is our only chance of becoming human
Only if we knew that love is our only way of transcending beastliness
Only if we knew that love is our only option of being close to God.

1 comment:

  1. actually tearing apart each other has become a hobby of we "the humans"..we find pleasure in it only as it is the source of our entertainment...how much the other is torn off that much pleasure level increases but who will actually understand it,this pleasure is somebody's sorrow and it can happen with them too at any level of thier life...........

    ReplyDelete