Saturday, December 20, 2008

A PRAYER

Dear Friends
Often when we are down and out, it's the magic
of prayer that works. Prayer is not just words,
it's the scream of an anguished heart, it is
a way of connecting with our deeper self,
it is a way of connecting with the cosmic self, too.
Here, you'll find a prayer, not specific to any religion.
This was given to me by a Reiki Master.
Do try it out, if you like. Who knows,
it just might work for you as well.
Believe me, it has always worked for me.
Good luck and God Bless.
The text of the prayer starts now:
I thank thee, O Lord!
I thank thee, O Lord, for this wonderful Creation
I thank thee, O Lord, for the blessings of Gods and Goddesses
I thank thee, O Lord, for the blessings of Gurus and Elders
I thank thee, O Lord, for this gift of human life
I thank thee, O Lord, for this gift of human body
I thank thee, O Lord, for each and every organ, bone, nerve and muscle in this body
I thank thee, O Lord, for the brain that thinks
I thank thee, O Lord, for the hair on my head
I thank thee, O Lord, for the smooth forehead
I thank thee, O Lord, for the third eye chakra
I thank thee, O Lord, for the eyes that see
I thank thee, O Lord, for the nose that smells
I thank thee, O Lord, for the lips that move and speak
I thank thee, O Lord, for the tongue that tastes and rolls
I thank thee, O Lord, for the teeth that smile
I thank thee, O Lord, for the cheeks that glow
I thank thee, O Lord, for the jaw that opens
I thank thee, O Lord, for the ears that hear
I thank thee, O Lord, for the throat and food-pipe that swallow
I thank thee, O Lord, for the neck that supports
I thank thee, O Lord, for the right arm, right elbow and right wrist
I thank thee, O Lord, for the left arm, left elbow and left wrist
I thank thee, O Lord, for the hands that help
I thank thee, O Lord, for the fingers that write
I thank thee, O Lord, for the chest and ribs
I thank thee, O Lord, for the lungs that breathe
I thank thee, O Lord, for the heart that beats
I thank thee, O Lord, for the solar plexus
I thank thee, O Lord, for the navel that binds
I thank thee, O Lord, for the liver that secretes juices
I thank thee, O Lord, for the hara chakra
I thank thee, O Lord, for the root chakra
I thank thee, O Lord, for the pancreas
I thank thee, O Lord, for the kidneys that flush out
I thank thee, O Lord, for the intestines that function
I thank thee, O Lord, for each and every vertebra in my spine
I thank thee, O Lord, for the lower back
I thank thee, O Lord, for the hips, thighs and knees, right and left
I thank thee, O Lord, for the calves and ankles, right and left
I thank thee, O Lord, for the feet, right and left
I thank thee, O Lord, for the toes on both the feet
I thank thee, O Lord, for the soles of both the feet
I thank thee, O Lord, for the sun that shines
I thank thee, O Lord, for the vast, blue sky
I thank thee, O Lord, for the stars and the moon
I thank thee, O Lord, for the water, air and fire pure
I thank thee, O Lord, for the animals and plants
I thank thee, O Lord, for the bounties of Nature
I thank thee, O Lord, for watching over me each minute, each second of the day
I thank thee, O Lord, for all your gifts
I thank thee, O Lord, for giving me the strength and the words to thank thee
I thank thee, O Lord!
I thank thee

No comments:

Post a Comment